By participating in the Northeast Ohio Teacher Education Day, you will have an opportunity to meet hiring officials from school systems across the region, state, and nation. The event will begin with an open job fair format allowing you to network with representatives from participating school districts. During the networking session, school systems may ask you to return for an initial screening interview during the late morning or the afternoon. Event will be held in the John S. Knight Center, 77 Mill Street, Akron, OH 44308 (phone: 800.245.4254).
Parking information for the event can be found under the Student Success Checklist below.
Thank you for your interest in attending NOTED as a candidate! Students and alumni from member institutions who are eligible to teach in the 2019-2020 school year may attend.
Some institutions request that students register in advance, whereas other institutions will accept registrations at the door. Please see the list below to determine whether your university requests for you to register in advance:
- Ashland University: Register through Google Forms.
- Baldwin Wallace University: Please register through the BW Career Network.
- Cleveland State University: No registration required.
- Hiram College: Register in person at the career office.
- Lake Erie College: No registration required.
- Malone University: No registration required.
- Notre Dame: Register on College Central.
- University of Akron: No registration required.
- University of Mount Union: No registration required.
- Ursuline College: Register in person at the career office.
- Walsh University: No registration required.
- Youngstown State University: No registration required.
Check in for students begins at 7:30 am, the networking/interview sign up begins at 8:30 am. Employers will arrive at the same time, so expect a great deal of activity at the beginning.
When you arrive, you will need to check in at the registration table. You will be directed to a waiting room where you will complete a registration card and create a nametag for yourself (include your school and teaching area on your nametag). You will also receive a list of the schools systems, an outline of the procedures for the day, a grid to schedule interviews, and an evaluation.
Student Success Checklist
- Contact Career Services to register for the NOTED Job Fair (may not apply to all colleges and universities)
- Read about the schools and organizations who are scheduled to attend the NOTED Job Fair on our homepage. (Participating Employers)
- Identify the organizations with which you would most like to meet
- Finalize your resume
- Contact your campus Career Services office to schedule a resume critique appointment
- Make several professional-quality copies to take with you to the NOTED Job Fair (At least 30)
- Arrange transportation to the John S. Knight Center in Akron, Ohio
- Parking is FREE for NOTED candidates with validated ticket in these designated Parking Lots: Broadway Parking Deck, 120 S. Broadway; High Market Parking Deck, 40 S. High St; and the CitiCentre parking Deck, 132 S. High Street (Parking Map)
- Additional parking is available adjacent to the John S. Knight Center in surrounding city-owned lots